The task of the project was to attract new loyal customers and manage a large advertising budget. Previously, such a task required an internal department of targeting specialists and managers for them, but later the company realized that it would be easier to delegate this to an agency that would take care of everything.
Another request was full analytics. The restaurant works in 48 cities, so it was important to provide information on where and which item on the assortment works better.
Also, the task was to increase the average bill from advertising.
First of all, we set up regular e-commers events through Facebook. Because Facebook pulls orders that come from other channels for attribution, we decided to analyze purchases through Google Analytics and only count ad orders in our reporting. This was done to ensure that the number of orders in our reporting matched the actual number of delivery orders.
We changed the attribution to 1 day (instead of 7 days). Through Facebook, ads were targeted to users who were ready to make an order right away, rather than in a week. In fact, we changed the advertising optimization model, which increased efficiency.
The data from the cabinet were no different from the actual sales. As a result, we solved the conflict between business and advertising.